The Freestyle Book Club is led by our Bibliotherapist, Matt Keliher at SubText. This is a gathering of individuals who share their perspectives on the chosen book club theme. The Freestyle Book Club is a relaxed gathering. You can read from the list of suggestions, or choose a book on your own that fits the theme, and join us on the night of the event to share your perspective. There's nothing better than discussing the twists and turns of plot lines while working out to some 16oz curls!
March Theme: Sports!
Matt's list of suggested titles:
- Redemption Song: Muhammad Ali and the Spirit of the Sixties, Mike Marqusee
- A Life Well Played, Arnold Palmer
- Home and Away: Writing the Beautiful Game, Karl Ove Knausgaard
- All Joe Knight, Kevin Morris
- The Sport of Kings, C. E. Morgan
- Hockey Strong, Todd Smith
- Gunslinger, Brett Farve